Grow cubes small 1,5″-98 pieces
An all natural growing media for starting seeds or transplanting cuttings made from industrial hemp. Terrafibre growing cubes combine two parts of the industrial hemp plant to provide an ideal growing environment. Bast fibres are high in water holding capacity and provide the strength for roots to attach to. Hurd is the larger “woody” fibres that increase air porosity in the cube.
Hemp is primarily farmed for its seed and the stalk/fibre is traditionally wasted. Through innovative processing and heat sterilization we are able to upcycle the fibres to create a truly sustainable growing media. Add to garden soil to help break up clay soils and increase water absorption.
Each cube is the perfect receptacle for a single seed – Use them for sprouts, microgreens, or any other seedling starts. They’ll retain moisture and provide the ideal material for root development. When ready for potting on or transplanting into the garden bed, the hemp fibre is 100% biodegradable, and will break down to nothing in the soil. Each sheet is cut so that the cubes are attached but easily separated. Each cube is perforated with a seed hole for simple planting. Great alternative for hydroponic media.
- An all natural growing media for starting seeds or transplanting cuttings made from industrial hemp
- Terrafibre growing cubes are a sustainable alternative to rockwool, peat moss, or coconut
- 100% biodegradable and compostable
- Hemp fibre is an incredibly strong fibre so will take 1-2 years to break down completely. Add to garden soil to help break up clay soils and increase water absorption
- Hemp cubes are highly absorptive. Hemp fibres can hold 1050% of its own weight in water, providing your seeds with the water they require